You're busy. You haven't found time to create the caliber of content that truly reflects you, so "Where do I find content to post on social media?" Let's streamline your content search. The content calendar is your canvas, but having sources ready cuts your posting time in half.
How to Streamline My Content Search
Here are a five (5) basic tactics for consistently getting Good Content to share with your clients, your followers, on social media. You still have to set aside time to set-up each of these, but once you're done, you're taken care of for quite some time.
- Twitter. Follow people/organizations whose views on your expertise resonate with you. If you Only follow those, you'll only get content you want to read and share. Note: You'd have to 'unfollow' everyone else. You can keep them on Twitter Lists (e.g. here) instead!
- Google search. Search for websites, blogs, YouTube Channels whose articles, videos and other content you resonate with ~80% of the time. Bookmark those you like that share around 3-5 topics around your expertise. Choose the best sources. Categorize by topic.
- Events & conferences. If your clients and followers could benefit from an event, it's good content. Bonus: If you 'tag' the event host, they'll likely re-share your post!
- Invitations to connect. Sharing links to your other pages on social media channels is another source of content you already have. E.g. On Twitter, share links to you on LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc, so those who prefer those channels can connect there.
- Re-purpose and re-share good content. Maybe you posted it last month, but posting it again with a different focus, or even posting quotes from a good article, is still valuable.
These are listed in no particular order. Use what works for you. Only you know what those are.
Potential Sources beyond Your Own Content
The content sources listed below include the industries or audiences best suited to them in parentheses at the end, and are meant for 'informing' and 'inspiring' your followers.
- Automate inspiration with NimbleQuotes.com. This is great if you're short on time. Select your quote sources e.g. business, lifestyle, and go. (B2B, B2C, Retail, Services, General).
- BestKeptSelf.com. A lifestyle-focused source of empowerment, schedule management, business streamlining and overall health for entrepreneurs. (Services, Entrepreneurs, General).
- Medical professionals on Twitter @BCMedicalJrnl, @LisaLewisMD. If you're in this field, some of this content may resonate, reinforcing what you help clients with daily. (MD fields, Clients).
- Event sources, e.g. Toronto, on Twitter @BlogTO, @BloorYorkville. If you're helping clients to 'get more active', or 'find community', these are good examples. (Events, Toronto, B2C, B2B).
Let me know if any of these resonate with you!
Set aside some time to get this in place. Find me on Twitter or LinkedIn for more on this topic. Need some help with this? Let's chat! If you think you don't even have time for this, choose a consulting package, so we get you set up. Remember, it's the 80/20 that count.
Crystal-Marie Sealy, MBA, is a business strategy consultant focused on pricing, social media and more, for established small businesses, entrepreneurs and executives. President, founder of Successiory and the signature E.A.S.Y. Strategy process, Crystal-Marie works with professionals who want to build sustainable business models and create sustainable client community on social media. She also delivers workshops and speaks at conferences on business strategy for social media. Connect with her at www.successiory.ca