POSITION FILLED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Welcome to Successiory!
This is not a job; I'd like to hire you for your services. Here, I want for you what I want for my clients - a business (or work) that energizes you. That means:
- I'm your client not your boss, so there's no hierarchy, just deliverables. This also means that you're free to continue taking on other clients!
- I only work with premium service entrepreneurs and organizations, so you get paid well too.
- I work between 9am and 3pm, with contact hours between 1pm and 3pm, so I don't expect you to work long hours either. I do honour individual sovereignty and free will, however, so I trust that you'll create a schedule that honours your energy needs.
- I am a new mom, so I understand that life happens. At times we'll have to shift things to deliver results on time. That's okay.
- I work virtually, remotely, so you're free to work from home or anywhere that's not disruptive to you or to Successiory clients.
What I need support with:
Client philosophy: We only want clients who know they need and value what's offered, so they're ready to invest their time, energy and money to get results.
As Director, Business Development, you will identify client leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts, based on the client philosophy above.
- Researching new client prospects and how Successiory services may support them, and building a database.
- Following up on new client prospects, clarifying their needs and setting up calls / virtual meetings.
- Helping to plan, prepare or refine client presentations, if needed (rare).
- Communicating services and new service developments to prospective clients, being mindful of their needs.
- Advising on or enhancing the marketing and public relations strategy and content, if needed, including presentations and other media.
- Monthly progress reports.
- Networking at events, online channels or leveraging your existing network, as needed.
- Connect with, and clearly relay Successiory's value to, potential PR channels - tv hosts, journalists, etc.
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on new approaches we can implement based on the changing environment.
Based on the unique role, it's easiest for you if you have:
- A sound understanding of the people behind the Successiory client profile, including industry, company, their clients and day-to-day, and the approach and language that truly attracts these clients.
- A network of, or your own authentic, organic approach to connecting with, the people behind the Successiory client profile.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, B2B sales, marketing and strategic thinking skills.
- Sound negotiation skills and the ability to close deals, ensuring clients truly resonate with the offering, not being badgered into working with Successiory.
- 2-5 years experience in business development and long-term client onboarding, or a natural affinity for maintaining high-trust connections.
- The tools to operate virtually. Telephone service (e.g. CallCentric) Video conferencing software (TeamViewer, Google HangOuts, and other open source options are fine).
- The persona that attracts the Successiory client profile by carrying yourself that way as well, in your professional engagement, client care and your own self care.
- A genuine desire to do this.
You get 10% of every contract you bring in, up to CA$5,000/month - it's based on what you can bring in.
Successiory services range from $500 to $7,500/month. I can provide high quality service to 5-15 clients monthly, depending on the mix of services you bring in. Explore Successiory services here, on my website. You'll find my client profile here, so you get a sense of who you're looking for.
This gives you a sense of your earning potential in this role.
P.S. Should I be on maternity leave again, or unable to work for some reason, I have trusted partners to help serve my clients, keeping you covered.
If this sounds like you, drop me a line at email@example.com (Subject: "Director, Business Development (Part-time, Remote EST/EDT)") letting me know:
- Start date and location.
- Your own work/life philosophy. If you're a primary caregiver or have unique circumstances, let me know so we can agree on a flexible schedule.
- Your approach to this role e.g. your process, what you'll need from me.
- Your LinkedIn profile, website and/or résumé.
- Two (2) References. Names, roles & companies, e-mail addresses, phone numbers - even if you haven't held a similar role, character references are fine.
I look forward to meeting you!
Crystal-Marie Sealy, MBA, is a keynote speaker and entrepreneurial strategy consultant focused on sustainable business models for established entrepreneurs and professionals transitioning to entrepreneurship. President and founder of Successiory and her signature "Your E.A.S.Y. Affluence Business Model™ by Successiory", Crystal-Marie works with professionals who want to build sustainable (livable) business models around their lifestyles and create sustainable client community on social media. She also speaks and delivers workshops at business and motivational conferences on authenticity, entrepreneurial strategy for pricing, process, feasible schedules and client social media community. Connect with her and subscribe at www.successiory.ca